Use the The Jetworks block off plates to get rid of OPAS. Getting rid of the OPAS will get rid of some drag, helping a little with top speed and make handling more predictable. You will loose the off throttle steering response. If you really want to make your SC handle get a set of aftermarket sponsons and the opas block offs.
- 1. Remove the two M6x25 bolts securing O.P.A.S. levers (tie-rod ends) to O.P.A.S. “U” lever and discard. (see illustration #1)
- 2. Remove the M8x20 bolt securing O.P.A.S. “U” lever to steering nozzle and discard both. (see illustration #1)
- 3. Remove O.P.A.S. levers from O.P.A.S. tie-rods by unscrewing. (see illustration #1)
- 4. Remove the M8x110 bolts connecting O.P.A.S. blades to stabilize fittings (tie-rod ends) and discard. (see illustration 3)
- 5. Remove the M6x25 socket head cap bolt securing O.P.A.S. blades to cylinder support assemblies and discard. (see illustration 3)
- 6. Remove O.P.A.S. blades and discard.
- 7. Remove the four M6x25 socket head cap bolts securing O.P.A.S. cylinder support assemblies to hull. (see illustration 4) Retain bolts for later use.
- 8. Remove cylinder support assemblies by pulling away from hull. (see illustration 5)
- 9. Remove tie-rods from hull by pulling and rotating at the same time and discard. Push rubber seal tube into hull. (see illustration 6)
** NOTE: Do not remove K40x25 hex flange screw. (see illustration7) This is securing backing plate to hull for the M6x25 socket head cap bolts that will secure The Jetworks Performance O.P.A.S. Block-off Plates to hull.
- 10. Apply a generous amount of marine grade silicone to outer edge of large block-off plates where they meet hull. (see illustration 7) Install supplied large o-rings into o-ring grooves in back of large block-off plates. NOTE: Do not apply silicone to o-rings.
- 11. Install large block-off plates and secure to hull using stock M6x25 socket head cap bolts and supplied M6 washers. NOTE: Block-off plates install one direction only. (see illustration 7) Use blue Loc-tite on bolts. Do not over tighten bolts.
- 12. Remove plastic rod grommets from hull and discard. (see illustration 8) Retain hardware. Push rubber seal tube into hull.
- 13. Install supplied large o-rings and small o-rings into o-rings grooves in back of smaller block-off plates. Install small block-off plates and secure to hull with stock K40x25 hex flange screws. (see illustration 9) NOTE: Use blue Loc-tite. Do not over tighten screws.
Remember, the water belongs to everyone. Please ride responsibly!